Saturday, February 1, 2014

Glamour Doll Eyes OTM January 2014

Ah, January. And another GORGEOUS year of Glamour Doll Eyes eye shadows! This might actually be my favorite subscription, simply because the colors are always so unique & gorgeous. And she only makes 120 each month, so I can't help but feel a little special having those shadows in my vanity drawer!


This month's shadow was 'Social Suicide,' a semi matte royal blue with a subtle blue shift and silver sparkle. Also included was a sample of the new HydraGlaze lip glosses in the color Social Butterfly. 



Here is Social Suicide in the pot. Just look at all that sparkle! Admittedly, I am SO afraid of blue eye shadow. I am always terrified I'm going to end up looking like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show. But, as you will see in my final 'look' photo (hopefully!), that doesn't have to be the case. :)


Swatches of Social Suicide. Blended and not blended. 


The HydraGlaze gloss in Social Butterfly. Kind of messy in the container, but hey, it's a sample! This is a sheer red with blue undertone. The great thing about this gloss is that it's super buildable. It does go on very sheer but you can apply it more heavily for a more opaque look.


Social Butterfly on my lips. Apologies, I still don't have a fantastic working camera so it's not quite as vivid as it is in real life. It definitely looks more pink than red once applied since it's sheer. 



The 'look' for the month!


Not TOO Mimi-like :) This is Social Suicide with Too Faced's 'Badass' (from the Pretty Rebel palette) in the crease. 


Don't forget if you missed January's OTM, you can sign up for February's on February 7th this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment