Saturday, February 22, 2014

AYRES Body Butters

Birchbox ran a contest a few weeks ago for the Birchbloggers to win products from Ayres and guess what?! I WON! I rarely win anything and I've been absolutely dying to try Ayres body butters, so I was beyond thrilled to discover I'd be getting all three plus a sample of bar soap!

Ayres describes themselves as 'a natural aromatherapy brand inspired by the traditional tango bars in the old Buenos Aires neighborhood of San Telmo.'

All of their natural body butters are enriched with shea butter & coconut oil to maximize skin hydration. Currently there are three scents: Pampas Sunrise, Midnight Tango, & Patagonia.



Pampas SunriseLemongrass, mandarin, lime, lemon blossom, bergamot, patchouli and spearmint will awaken your senses, while an exotic background of cedar wood releases an irresistible, musky soft scent.

Midnight Tangoa blend of orange blossom and vanilla

Patagonia Just drift away on a cool breeze of delicate jasmine and aromatic rosemary blended with lavender, bergamot, ylang-ylang, oakmoss, patchouli and fir.


Normally I find that body butters are pretty thick and take forever to really soak into the skin. These body butters have a really light consistency and absorb super quickly! They're not greasy at all and definitely help to keep your skin moisturized all day. I LOVE the scents of these, so I was pleasantly pleased to discover that the scent doesn't fade right away--it actually lasts for about four hours on me, which is pretty good for a lotion. 

My favorite is definitely Midnight Tango, but I'll use up all three no problem! 



Ayres' shea butter bar soap is enriched with olive oil & infused with essential orders. Available in Pampas Sunrise, Midnight Tango, and Patagonia. 

I'm always a little hesitant about using bar soap. It reminds me of hotels and most of the ones I've used leave my skin so DRY. This one is super moisturizing and doesn't leave my skin dry at all. It also doesn't leave that residue that some bar soaps do. 


If you haven't checked out the Ayres brand, definitely do so as soon as possible. I'm going to try to get my hands on a few of the body polishes & shower creams next! :) 

If you've tried Ayres, do you have a favorite scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment