Saturday, February 15, 2014

REVIEW: Glossybox January 2014

I've been thinking about joining Glossybox forever, but always put it on the backburner for other things. Finally after some convincing from Cookie over at The Charming Cheshire, I decided to subscribe for January! :)

I know this post is pretty late, but they had some shipping issues that delayed a lot of boxes into February & I needed time to test everything out! I'm giving Glossybox another shot for February but I would just like to say how disappointed I was with their customer service this month. I understand that they ship later in the month than most boxes, which is totally fine with me because it spaces everything out. And I understand that the weather around the country has been pretty ridiculous, so a further delay on shipping is fine. But...I didn't get a single e-mail from them about the weather delays. The only reason I knew about it was from reading the thread for this box on Makeup Talk. I ended up eventually contacting them about it because February hit and I still didn't even have tracking and the response I got was basically 'it will ship when it ships.' Customer service is such a huge deal for me and as a new subscriber I just found the total lack of communication really disappointing. But, like I said, I'm giving them another chance for the February box so here's hoping things go more smoothly.

Anyway, on to the box:

This is the most beautifully packaged subscription box I've gotten yet! The box itself is pale pink & then it's all wrapped up like this inside. Like opening up a gift!


First look at the contents. All really great sizes and a fabulous variety of product types!

This was the spoiler that pushed me over the edge to join. I have the original pink Beauty Blender and I just love it. Honestly, live changing. Like, I always kind of thought: It's just a sponge! Nope, it isn't. It's a miracle. My foundation and cream blushes seriously look airbrushed when I use that baby. Thrilled to have a second one for a back up!


I have the liquid version of this cleanser but was interested to try out the solid form! After trying both, I actually like this one better but it is harder to store unless you have a soap dish, which I don't. I'll be honest: as much as I do like these cleansers...pretty much any kind of gentle soap will work the same way! Not sure I'd ever actually purchase either of these after my samples run out. 





I've heard great things about the Vichy brand, but this is the first product I've tried. If this is any indication of how the rest of their brand is...I'm a fan! This moisturizer is seriously fantastic & could not have come at a better time with my ridiculously dry winter skin. It seems thick in the jar but it's actually very light on the skin and not greasy at all! 





This is Bellapierre's Mineral Blush in 'Desert Rose.' It's almost like they read my mind and created my perfect shade! I wear a lot of peachy shades and have been searching for a sort of peachy pink with gold shimmer & that is exactly what this is! I don't own NARS Orgasm myself, but I've heard from some other subscribers that this is similar to that. 


This is a UK brand, which is always a plus for me. I love trying things I can't get here! However, this body wash was kind of a let down. I smell a LOT of lavender, which I'm just not a big fan of, and basically..it's just a body wash. Nothing spectacular. I'm sure I'll end up using it eventually but it won't be the first thing I grab in the shower. 


I have actually tried this sea salt spray before in a Birchbox, but I love it and I'm glad to have a back up! Salt spray doesn't do much for me as far as making waves. I think it's just because my hair is so long and heavy. BUT I do like to spray it in my hair when it's wet before I blow dry for amazing volume! This one smells really nice & beachy too :) 


Any other Glossybox subscribers out there? What did you think of this month's box? 

No comments:

Post a Comment