Tuesday, June 4, 2013

REVIEW: Venus & Olay Razor via BzzAgent

I signed up for BzzAgent a few weeks ago, because who doesn't love trying out new products for free? Basically you sign up to become a BzzAgent and you'll fill out a series of questions related to the types of products you purchase and whatnot. Then, BzzAgent will set you up with a campaign for a product they'd like your opinion on. They send you the product, free of charge, and all they really ask is that you review it & share your views on their website and via social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc. 

I am a new BzzAgent and this is the first campaign I'm a part of. I was sent the Gillette Venus + Olay razor!
I actually use a Venus razor and Olay facial products currently, so I was excited to test this out. 

Product information via the BzzAgent campaign page: 
The 5-blade technology of Venus & Olay exfoliates your skin’s surface by gently removing the top layer of dead, loose skin cells for surface skin renewal and helping show off your skin’s natural radiance. Next, the Olay Moisture Bars help lock in skin’s moisture for less dryness and delivers the glow of a Goddess. And in a truly divine development, it is a 2-in-1, so there’s no shaving cream required.

The package came with one cartridge, one razor, and one shower hook. 

Here's a closer look at the blades and the Olay moisture bar (Sugarberry scented!). 

The handle + cartridge. Handle has ridges to prevent slipping. 

The razor hanging on the handy shower hook! It just suctions to the wall of your shower & is very easy to remove. 

I've been using this razor for about a week now and I can definitely tell that my legs feel smoother after a shave. I had previously been using the Gillette Venus Disposable Tropical Razors, which just feature three blades, and Skintimate shave gel in Raspberry Rain. With the Venus + Olay razor, there is no need for shaving cream. Just run the moisture bar under the water for a second and then you can start shaving. The moisture bars make for a very smooth and close shave, and I have yet to cut myself at all, even around my ankles! I know I've used a razor in the past that had a moisture bar and it left a strange film on my legs, but this one doesn't at all. My legs feel silky and smooth, almost as though I applied lotion to them. The moisture bar seems like it will last a while...I've used it probably five times already and have yet to notice any real wear to it. You should always hang it on the shower hook so it dries properly. If you lay it on the side of the tub or something, the moisture part of it tends to stick to ceramic. 

I'd definitely recommend this product and will probably buy a new set of cartridges once this one is used up. It's just so much easier to use this than to have to lather up in shaving cream and then shave. Plus, my legs feel smoother with this than my old razor anyway!


Have any of you tried this, or plan on trying it? Any other BzzAgents out there? :) 


1 comment:

  1. Loove this razor! I was scared of the 5 blades at first but if just glides so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete