Sunday, June 2, 2013

Liebster Award!

I am SO incredible honored to have been nominated for a Liebster award by the gorgeous Cookie of The Charming Cheshire blog! If you haven't already, check out her page here: The Charming Cheshire. In addition to providing really awesome beauty-related information, she is seriously hilarious & a fantastic writer. Her posts are always a pleasure to read!

The Liebster Award is a cute honor given to up and coming fun blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way get their name out there and share some awesome blogs that you may have stumbled upon. Here is what it entails:

·               Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves
·               Each blogger answers the questions the tagger has set for you
·                Then you pick 11 new winners of the Liebster Award and link to them in your post
·               Pick 11 new questions to ask the new chosen winners
·                Go to the new blog winner's pages and tell them about their award
·               No tag-backs

So, here we go!

11 Random Facts About Me:
1.I am terrified of birds. Yes, seriously! I got one tangled in my hair when I was younger and now I just sort of panic whenever one gets too close!
2.I really hate pants. If I lived somewhere warm, I'd wear dresses and skirts every single day.
3.I don't mean to sound like a crazy cat lady, but I LOVE my cat. I would rather hang out with him than most people. 
4.I love Diet Coke too much. Like, I have actually been told I shouldn't drink it by my doctor due to some stomach issues, but I can't kick the habit. I need an intervention!
5.I am trying really hard to be more active. I was never into sports or anything as a kid and it's starting to catch up with me. So I keep trying yoga, pilates, running, biking, dancing, etc. attempting to find my 'thing.' 
6.Anyone who knows me from before I turned 18 knows me as Allie (please, for the love of god, spell it correctly!) and everyone who met me after that knows me as Allison. I honestly have no idea how this happened, but it's true. For the record, either is completely fine with me. 
7.I'm working on going back to school for a degree in Respiratory Therapy. I'd like to work in a Sleep Lab some day!
8.I have never broken a bone. Knock on wood. 
9.I love bright colors (NEON) and paisley. 
10.  My absolute favorite animals are goats. I think they are the most adorable creatures!
11.  I like watching pretty much any sort of crime show & EVERYTHING on HGTV.


Questions from Cookie: 
1) What is your go-to, never-failing, always-awesome beauty product?
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion. It's perfection. 
2) What's the one tricky fashion trend you wish you could pull off?
Skinny Jeans! I can wear them with boots, but I have yet to master wearing them with any other shoes...I always feel like my feet look extra huge in them. 
3) What's the most expensive beauty item you've bought?
I think the Urban Decay Vice Pallet. Worth every penny!
4) Quick! You have 15 seconds to gussy yourself up! What do you grab?
Benefit They're Real! Mascara, definitely. Revlon Just Bitten lip stain if I have a few extra seconds ;)
5) Discover a new color, describe and name it.
If there was a way to combine mint + lavender without it being ugly, I'd be in love with it & name it .... lavenmint? Bahaha. 
6) Name 3 actors that, when mixed, would be your ideal man. (and stop drooling)
Jason Segel. He's hilarious and I feel like he is probably one of the sweetest people alive.
Chris Pine. He's pretty. :)
Jake Johnson. He just seems sort of cynical and sarcastic and I like it.
7) If you could create a makeup line, what would you call it?
I'd call it HOTDAMN!
8) Would you rather be a very famous Blogger or a fairly well-known Vlogger?
Blogger. I get so nervous in front of cameras. I just end up rambling. 
9) What's your favorite magazine and why?
Not a big magazine reader, but I do love Rolling Stone. They always have interesting (and current!) articles. And I love love love music. 
10) What's your favorite beauty subscription?
Birchbox. It definitely has the best variety of products and has introduced me to things I can't live without now!

My nominations for the Liebster:

And, last but not least, my questions for you:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Do you have a signature scent? Or, what is your favorite perfume?
3. If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the ONE beauty product you'd want with you?
4. Name a movie you never get sick of, no matter how many times you've seen it.
5. Heels, flats, boots, or sandals?
6. What's one thing you've always struggled with, regarding hair, nails, or makeup?
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
8. Do you have any hidden talents?
9. What's your favorite type of cuisine?
10. Do you collect anything?
11. If you could go on a $5000 shopping spree to any store, where would you go?


No comments:

Post a Comment