Monday, June 10, 2013

REVIEW: Birchbox June 2013

AHHHH. Just accidentally deleted my entire review from before. :( Version 2...



Got my June box today! :) Nothing I was really hoping for, but now that I have it I'm excited about everything. And I'll definitely get use out of all of my items.

June 2013 Box Contents:
Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Perfect Kiss
Color Club in Reign in Spain 
Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream in Coconut & Vanilla Bean

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Perfect Kiss: I was actually pleased to see this in my box, as it got such rave reviews on the Makeuptalk.com forums. I received the color Perfect Kiss which is coral with a bit of shimmer. LOVE IT. I don't really wear anything on my lips, other than chapstick or tinted lip balm, but I am definitely wearing this regularly. It goes on very smooth & actually feels more like a lip balm than a lipstick. For some reason it looks sort of cakey in my picture, but I swear it's not. P.S. It's really hard to take a picture of just your lips..hence the whole face! :) 
Color Club in Reign in Spain: Oh my goodness this is a gorgeous color. It looks pretty normal in the bottle, but it's fluorescent coral! I am up to my ears in Julep polish from this month, so I haven't tested it out yet myself, but I did a search for images of this color and WOW. Perfect summer color for my toes! Will probably still be purchasing the whole Wanderlust Collection set, since it's only $8 for 4 minis & I wanted to try the other colors too. 

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk: I tried my first dry shampoo and I have been seriously obsessed with it ever since. I use it more for volume than for oily hair, but I have used it for both. I tested this Klorane product out today before I ran some errands & it had been probably 15 hours since I showered last. I held the container about 10 inches from my roots & sprayed. DO NOT be alarmed if it shows up white on your hair...it'll go away! Let it sit for a few minutes & then sort of massage it in & style as usual! Looks like freshly showered hair. 


Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser: The first thing you'll notice about this stuff is the smell. To me, it smells like Lemonheads, which I love! I tested this with just a small about, probably the size of a dime, and honestly that's probably all you need! Rub your hands together to work up a lather & then gently use on your face. Rinse it off & voila! A smooth, clean face. I'm thinking about purchasing a full size of this once I'm done with my sample. I just really like the way it makes my skin feel!
100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream in Coconut & Vanilla Bean: I actually didn't open these yet, as I plan to put them in my stash for traveling. But this brand did get good reviews on Birchbox.com & the scents are both pretty basic.



Did any of you girls get your boxes yet, or know what you're getting? What are you most excited about?

If you're interested in trying Birchbox, here's my referral link: http://birch.ly/13SUbol
According to their website, anyone who signs up before June 14th will get a June box!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still awaiting the arrival of my June Birchbox! The exfoliate cleanser looks cool and I love anything lemon scented, so I hope I get some of that!

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete