Last month, Ipsy had so much variety that I decided to sign up for a second bag. I forgot to cancel it, so I got two this month as well! Luckily, they had quite a bit of variety with products & colors this month too, so I only ended up with one duplicate item. I know a lot of people were disappointed by Ipsy this month, but I love both of my bags & I think I'll get use out of everything! :)
Bag One: NYX Powder Blush in Angel, J.Cat. Sparkling Cream Palette in Suzie, Starlooks Lip Liner in Tickle Me Pink, Chella Highlighter Pencil, & Cailyn Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in Iron.
Bag Two: NYX Cream Blush in Rose Petal, J.Cat. Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta, Starlooks Lip Liner in Tipsy, Chella Highlighter Pencil, & J.Cat Eyelashes & Glue in EL503.
The bag itself was ADORABLE this month. Maybe I just think so because I love neon & animal print, but seriously. Look at it.
J.Cat. Eyelashes in EL503. I was so excited when I saw these in my bag. I love false lashes! Honestly, the ones I buy are usually way more dramatic than these are. In fact, I think I could probably get away with this particular style for a regular, every day look! I haven't actually tested these babies out yet, so I can't vouch for how well they stay on, but I'll let you guys know the second I put them on!
Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil. I'm kinda meh about this, but I'll use it. I'm so obsessed with Benefit's Watts Up & theBalm's Mary Lou-manizer & this just looks so boring compared to those. It's the lack of shimmer. But I did see some girls using this on their waterline & it looks super gorgeous, so I think I'll use it that way! (It's the bottom swatch, if that's not obvious!)
Cailyn Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in Iron. I'm still a little on the fence about gel eyeliner. I love liquid eyeliner and I love eyeliner pencils, but for some reason I just can't get gel eyeliner to look quite right! I received this one in the color Iron, which looks black in the pot, but actually looks kind of like Gunmetal once it's on. This eyeliner is SUPER cool because there's a brush in the cap! I'm excited to try this out. :) Please excuse the blurry swatch..camera is not behaving well today.
NYX Blushes. I am so happy about both of these! There were a ton of varieties of blush types/colors sent this month and I was so nervous I was going to end up with something really bright or really brown. The powder blush in Angel is very pale with some gold shimmer. So pretty! The cream blush in Rose Petal is a bit brighter but I think you could get a more subtle look if you blended it really well. I'm new to cream blush, so I wasn't really sure what the expect. I just used my finger to swatch and it feels like lip gloss in the pot, but it's not sticky or anything once you blend it in. It dries to an almost matte finish, or at least this one does. Rose Petal swatch on the left & Angel swatch on the right.
Starlooks Lipliners in Tipsy & Tickle Me Pink. Ok, maybe I'm weird but I've never owned a lip liner. I always thought lip liners had to match your lipstick & you just used it to outline your lips so the lipstick wouldn't spread. Well, apparently I was wrong. Turns out plenty of people use lip liner to line AND fill their lips, so I don't have to go out & try to find matching lipsticks for these! Anyway, I'm seriously in love with both of these colors. The Tickle Me Pink is the perfect Barbie pink & Tipsy is this really lovely bright coral/orange color! Probably not colors I'll wear every day, but definitely for going out & special occasions! Tipsy swatch on top, Tickle Me Pink swatch on the bottom.
J.Cat. Sparkling Cream Palettes. These have caused a lot of drama in the last few days. Originally, J.Cat had these listed in the 'eyes' section of their website & simply said to use with caution in the eye area. But then Ipsy started posting that these are NOT to be used on your eyes & J.Cat moved them to the 'Sparklings' area of the website. Kind of sketchy, but I'm guessing they're just trying to cover their butts in case someone actually tries to press charges for getting glitter in their eyes.
I was still SO EXCITED to get these & even more excited to receive both colors! Suzie is the gold/copper palette & Volta is the black/silver palette. I'll be using these on my eyelids, warnings be damned. :) I mean, they come with eye shadow applicators, for goodness sake! I am a die hard Green Bay Packers fan, so I'll be using the gold for game days if nothing else, but I think just a tiny bit of this in the corners of your eyes would be so pretty for a night out. We'll see. I haven't gotten to play with them too much, but I'll try to come up with a look this week & post it here.
And of course, this month's discount codes! :)
- LOVEIPSY - 25% off your purchase. Offer valid through 7/15/13. Coupon code cannot be combined with other promotions. To attain discount properly, enter the code in all caps during checkout. U.S. Only.
- IPSY - Receive 35% off any order. Offer valid through 7/15/13. Valid for unlimited purchases. Valid Worldwide.
- IPSY30 - Receive 30% off any order. Offer valid through 7/10/13. Cannot be combined with any other offers.
- IPSY33 - Receive the Super Hero Hair Duo set with bonus for $13.98. Bonus set includes: 1 full-size Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo, 1 new Psssst! Volumizing Boost and 1 FREE Psssst! Clarify & Shine Scalp Treatment ($6.99 value!). Available to U.S. residents only. Offer valid through 8/31/13. All Super Hero Hair Duos ship free with offer. Only authorized orders will be processed and shipped. Offers cannot be combined, only one offer allowed per order. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered or ineligible use of offer and to modify or cancel any promotion due to system error or unforeseen problems. Code valid only at freemanbeauty.com.
- IPSY15 - Receive 15% off entire site. Promo is valid for a total of 2000 uses. Redeemable only on www.nyxcosmetics.com. Discounts/offers cannot be combined with any other offers.
- IPSYCHEEKS - 40% off Tango with Bronzing Powder. Offer valid through 7/10/13. Redeemable only on www.nyxcosmetics.com. Discounts/offers cannot be combined with any other offers.
- GLAMBAG - Receive 20% off any order. Offer valid through 6/30/13. One time use only. Offer available to US and Canada. Canada does not qualify for free shipping on orders over $50 and must check a box releasing Chella of any responsibility for customs and taxes on the Canadian side.