Wednesday, January 29, 2014

REVIEW: Ipsy January 2014

If you paid attention to the spoiler post for this month, you already know this is a super skincare heavy bag. Honestly, I was thrilled with it! I love makeup as much as the next girl, but I do have a lot of it and I'm always eager to try other products as well. January is the perfect month for this sort of bag as it's sort of a 'detox' month for everyone after the holidays! 

I actually got two bags this month, but I did give away a few products to friends already. So I'll be reviewing a bag & a half for you. No worries; it's a great mix!

Here we go:


This is the bag itself. NOT my favorite. I think I'd like it more if the product drawings were all over the bag and not just at the bottom. But I can always use more bags for storing things!


Absolute! Make-up Cleansing Tissues in Pomegranate
Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm
Yaby Foundation in Buff
Balanced Guru Balm Me Up Body Balm
Benefit The Porefessional


I am a hoarder of these types of wipes, because I love them for quick makeup removal and freshening up! These, unfortunately, I can't recommend. They actually don't work well for removing makeup and they left my skin feeling kind of sticky. 


This body balm from Balanced Guru is one of my favorite things from this month! It's PERFECT for my super super dry winter skin and it's not greasy at all. Are any of you fans of the Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser than Birchbox sampled a few months back? It smells JUST like that. Kinda lemony and fresh. :) I think I'll be purchasing a full size of this once my sample runs out!


Ok. I love Benefit and I know there were a lot of people DYING to get this in their bags this month, but I'm just not sure what all the fuss is about. I'm glad I got the chance to try it and it does work nicely as a primer, but I don't notice a huge difference between this and my other primers. Also have not noticed any sort of pore minimizing. I'll use up the (tiny!) sample, but I'm not sure I'd splurge & buy the full size of this one. 


This lip balm from Malin & Goetz is absolutely fantastic if you have dry cracked lips like so many of us do this time of year!  It's pretty thick, but not sticky. The mojito scent is fairly light and goes away almost immediately after applying. It's very moisturizing and after continued application I've definitely noticed a huge improvement in my lips' appearance!


This is Yaby's liquid foundation in the color 'buff.' I actually like this a lot more than I thought I would! Super blendable and lightweight, but gives great coverage. This shade matches me almost perfectly, although it is just a tiny bit more yellow than I'd like. 

Swatches are below. My hands are a little more red than usual from the cold and I didn't completely blend so you could still see it!




Some of you might already know this if you follow me on Twitter, but every Friday night part of my ritual is putting on a face mask and a hair mask. I love to mix it up and try new ones! This one is pretty decent. It smells really nice and left my hair super soft and smooth. It rinses out easily and doesn't leave any sort of residue or greasy feeling. Definitely worth checking out! 


Favorite product this month, hands down. I'm kind of picky about facial scrubs because I like to be able to FEEL the exfoliating aspect, but I don't like it to be super harsh on my skin. This one is perfect. My skin feels awesome and refreshed afterwards! I wouldn't recommend using it every day, but every two to three days would be just right. It's pretty comparable to the Vasanti scrub that everyone (including me!) loves so much from Birchbox. 


I had a hard time really reviewing this one because honestly I don't have any marks on my face that need fading. I did have a small breakout area near my chin so I used them on that and did notice that it went away fairly quickly! 


What did you all get in your Ipsy bags this month? How did you feel about all the skincare instead of makeup? And, most importantly, are you ready for February spoilers to start on Monday? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment