Saturday, August 10, 2013

REVIEW: Julep Champagne Trio

I skipped Julep this month. Just wasn't feeling the colors this month. 

But that Julep knows me all too well & sent me an email with a deal on the 'Champagne Trio,' a set of three colors made for their two year anniversary this month. I don't love anything more than glitter and metallics, so I caved. :) 

  • Amity (friendship) - Classic with a Twist: White gold metallic
  • Reiko (gratitude) - It Girl: Rose gold metallic
  • Clio (celebration) - Bombshell: Silver, pink, and lavender multi-dimensional glitter
Here's my mani. SO much better in real life, but you kinda get the idea! I alternated Amity & Reiko and then used Clio on the accent nails.


I'm in love with this set & definitely see myself using these colors a lot. 
Reiko definitely has the best application..probably could have used just one coat and it is SO shiny and gorgeous. 
Amity goes on a little sheer, so I used three coats to make it opaque. I know a lot of people were saying 'Isn't white gold really just silver?' but it looks nothing like the silver metallic polishes I own. 
Clio is a great glitter. There's no need to fish for pieces or anything and it goes on nice and smooth. I used a few coats to pretty much cover my nail in glitter. It's silver, pink, and purple so it will go well with a large chunk of my polish collection!

1 comment:

  1. I just almost ordered from Julep my first free box but got scared somehow that it is hard to cancel. Awesome colors you got for sure!

    ReplyDelete