Saturday, May 18, 2013

REVIEW: Birchbox May 2013

Whoooooo Birchbox came! I think Birchbox might actually be my favorite subscription, just because it always varies so much from month to month and I love trying out new things. 

May Birchbox Contents:
Beauty Protector: Protect & Detangle
Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in Saletti
amika Nourishing Mask
amika Oil Treatment
Isaac Mizrahi Fabulous Eau de Parfum
COOLA SPF30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face



Beauty Protector: I have read such amazing reviews about this product and I've actually had it in my cart on Birchbox.com for quite a while, waiting to accumulate some points. Lucky for me, I got to sample it this month! As directed, I shampooed, conditioned, & towel dried my hair & then sprayed this miracle in. As a bonus, it smells incredible. They describe is as floral on the website, but it's definitely more of a vanilla. I let it sit for a few seconds and then combed it through. Now, I have a lot of hair and it gets tangled super easily, to the point where I have actual knots in my hair. NOPE, not with this. I went to comb it and the comb slid right through my hair. Incredible. This product is also supposed to tame frizz and protect hair from heat, neither of which I can vouch for yet. But I will continue to use it as a detangler (and for the scent!). 


Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in Saletti: I'll admit it; I'm an eyeliner junkie. I feel completely naked without it. I received this Sumita liner in 'Saletti,' which is a lovely dark gray color. I have to say I'm impressed with how smoothly it glides on. Absolutely zero tugging. Also, the staying power is comparable to Urban Decay's 24/7 liners, which are my all time favorite. I have been wearing this one to work and it definitely lasts well past my shift. I may have to purchase this in a few more colors! I have my eyes on ZIBA, the lime green. ;)


amika Nourishing Mask & Oil Treatment: As I mentioned in my preview post, I've been dying to try the amika brand forever, mostly because of their packaging design. So imagine my delight when I got TWO products from them to sample this month! I found that the mask & oil treatment can be used separately or you can add the oil to the mask and use them together. So far I have only used them together, but intend to try them on their own soon. I added a few drops of the oil treatment to about half the packet of mask (I have a lot of hair!) and worked it through my hair after I shampooed and towel dried my hair. I let it sit for about five minutes, although the instructions say about three is sufficient. I rinsed and towel dried again and could already tell my hair was going to look and feel amazing. I normally blow dry my hair, but decided to let it air dry this time. The results? Super soft and shiny hair. The kind you almost can't stop touching! It also smells great and I can still feel the affects of these treatments three days after using them. 


Isaac Mizrahi Fabulous Eau de Parfum: Somehow, this scent is the perfect balance of citrus & floral. Neither one is very overpowering and they work together in this amazing way. Perfect for spring! I'm not sure I love it enough to buy a full size, but I will definitely use up the sample. 

COOLA SPF30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face: Ah, sunscreen. It's that time of the year! I will say this has a nice fresh scent to it, but I think it's a tiny bit too strong for my face. If it was unscented, or for my body, it would be perfect. I will say that this does make my skin feel nice and moisturized and it's not oil at all. Sometimes I'm a little leery of putting on moisturizer because my skin acts up, but I haven't noticed any breakouts from this at all. Hanging on to it for my trip down South next week! Bring on the sun. :) 





How about you guys? What were your Birchbox samples this month, and what was your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment