Friday, May 10, 2013

REVIEW: Julep May 2013

Received my May Julep box a few weeks ago & I'm just now getting around to reviewing it! 

May's theme was 'The Jazz Collection,' inspired by the Roaring Twenties. I love the twenties & have been eagerly awaiting the release of the new Great Gatsby movie, so I was pretty thrilled to begin with when they announced the theme for the month...but I knew I had to have this month's box when I saw the packaging:

I mean, seriously. LOOK AT IT. I'm not even really a gold person, but those are stunning. Unfortunately, I also fell in love with most of the polishes & couldn't make up my mind which box to choose for the month. I ended up sticking with my usual 'It Girl' box, which included Clara, Coco, & Paris. I chose the 'Modern Perspective' set as an add-on, which included Etta, Zelda, & Millie. And then, since I had to have those lipsticks & lip scrub, I signed up for a second account for the month & got the 'Modern Beauty' box. Almost the whole collection this month!

 All six polishes: Clara, Coco, Paris, Zelda, Etta, Millie. 


Modern Perspective Set: Etta (art deco peridot metallic), Millie (vintage indigo crème), & Zelda (Pink champagne metallic)


It Girl Set: Coco (Oxblood crème), Clara (opaque peach crème), & Paris (multidimensional holographic glitter top coat)

Modern Beauty Set: American Beauty Volumizing Mascara, Sugar Smooch Lip Scrub, & New York Jazz Lipstick Trio


American Beauty Volumizing Mascara in Jet Black


Sugar Smooch Lip Scrub


New York Jazz Lipstick TrioLady in Red (Matte crimson lip color), Tea for Two (Nude shimmer lip sheer), & Satin Doll (Poppy lip sheer)


I'm still working my way through testing everything & will post swatches/reviews shortly! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment