Saturday, August 30, 2014

REVIEW: Impulse Cosmetics Lipsticks

Hello beautiful readers! If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen quite a few of my swatches of indie eye shadows. The obsession started with my Glamour Doll Eyes subscription and has just sort of spiraled out of control. So. Many. Eye shadows. Indie companies are great because they have all sorts of awesome and unique shades that you won't necessarily find in mainstream make up brands. 
Anyway, I finally took the plunge and ordered my very first indie lipsticks from a wonderful company called Impulse Cosmetics. WARNING: Taking a look at their shop might make your wallet cry. I only ordered three lipsticks to start, but I already have a crazy list of lipsticks and eye shadows that I plan on purchasing in the very near future!
The three lipsticks I ordered were all from the Opaque Matte Lipstick collection. Here's the description from the website:
"These lipsticks were formulated with you pout princesses in mind... and if you're not a lipstick fan, we're about to make you one!
Our lipsticks are creamy and moisturizing while giving you that opaque finish you crave in one swipe!"

The three colors I ordered were Bombshell (bright, watermelon/coral pink with an strong orange undertone), Medusa (dark, merlot red with a strong purple undertone), & Ecstasy (bright, almost fluorescent pink with a blue undertone). They're all $6.99 for a full size tube, but you can also purchase samples for $2.45. They also sell five shade lip palettes which are $19.99 or $23 for a customized palette. 

So, here are some quick swatches. When they say these lipsticks are opaque, they really mean it! This is just one swipe of each shade. GORGEOUS.


And of course, swatches on my face. My camera refuses to capture the brightness of these beauties. Ecstasy and Bombshell are much more vibrant in person, more similar to the swatches above. 

Ecstasy.

Bombshell.

Medusa.

If you're in the market for new lipstick shades, I'd definitely recommend checking them out. I ordered all kind of tame shades to start, but they do offer all sorts of awesome colors ranging from reds, purples, and pinks to greens, blues, and oranges. 

Happy shopping, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment