Studio Gear was kind enough to provide me with their Hydrating CC Cream in 'Linen' to review. Admittedly, I was hesitant at first, but guys--this stuff is awesome!
First, a little background on Studio Gear:
"Founded by industry veterans Steve Rohr and John Avolio, Studio Gear Cosmetics is a prestigous cosmetics brand featuring a full collection of professional makeup brushes, revolutionalizing complexion formulas, and a wide selection of color products for the eyes, cheeks, and lips. Since 1996, Studio Gear has been on set at hundreds of professional photo shoots, in the beauty departments of Bloomingdales, Macy's, Dillard's, HSN and ULTA, and also in the everyday woman's makeup bag. This is a line created true to the concept that every woman deserves professional, high quality cosmetics at a reasonable price." -via Brandbacker.com
Some general information on the product from Studio Gear's website:
Hydrating CC Cream transforms and enhances your complexion in an incredibly light, smooth formula. This foundation simultaneously fights aging, retains moisture, and covers and treats blemishes with a non-oily, perfectly radiant finish.
- Protects: SPF 20 protects the skin, while Hydra-Extend technology provides moisture for up to 72 hours.
- Perfects: Enjoy natural looking coverage while micro-encapsulated pigments perfects and fade dark spots and acne scarring.
- Corrects: Anti-aging and collagen building ingredients help minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydrates: Hydra-Extend technology provides up to 72 hours of continuous hydration.
- Conceals: Micro encapsulated pigments deliver a fresh dose of color that adapts to your own skin tone, creating the most natural looking coverage.
- Smoothes: Skin nourishing ingredients help to correct and maintain youthful complexion.
Studio Gear Hydrating CC Cream:
There are three shades of this CC cream: Linen, Natural, & Wheat. I chose Linen since I usually use an 'Ivory' foundation.
The color is kind of scary when it first comes out of the tube. It's sort of gray-ish!
Once you start blending it goes from gray to...orange! AH! I had a small heart attack at first but...wait for it...
It blends to a perfect finish! AMAZING. It does still look a tiny bit yellow in this photo, but after a few minutes you could hardly even see it. Very, very impressive. It definitely evens out the overall look of my skin and IS very hydrating. If you want a nice dewy look, I'd recommend wearing this on it's own. If you want a more matte look, put a bit of finishing powder over the top & you're all set!
Here's my face of the day using Studio Gear's Hydrating CC Cream:
Super lightweight but has fantastic coverage! Moisturizing but definitely not greasy. And, of course, the color matches my skin almost perfectly.
Interested in trying this CC Cream or other Studio Gear products? Use discount code BLOGGERCC to get 10% off your purchase!
Powered by BrandBacker