Saturday, June 7, 2014

Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Summer 2014

I know I'm behind on my reviews, but I just HAD to get this one up right away! I signed up for the Fortune Cookie Soap Box for the Spring box & I loved it so much that I decided to stick around for the Summer box. They released a sneak peek of the theme a few months back & the second I saw that it involved candy..I knew it was going to be awesome. 

The theme of this box was 'Candy Aisle,' and if you were/are obsessed with board games like I am, you'll know that Candy Land is the theme they were going for!

Here's a first look at the contents:

If you're not familiar with the Fortune Cookie Soap Box, you'll find more information here. Basically, they release four larger collections per year & the soap box is a chance to check out the new scents + products! 

You also get a $10 off coupon inside the box to use towards full size products in the shop!

Without further ado, here's a look at the Summer collection!


This company is, of course, known for it's Fortune Cookie Soaps. They're soap shaped like fortune cookies with fortunes inside. Completely adorable! This one is in the scent 'Like Your Lips'  which is supposed to smell like 'cool peppermint ice cream with flecks of dark chocolate.' That's EXACTLY what it smells like. Thin Mint cookies!



The is the Whipped Cream Body Butter in Captain's Berried Booty. If you've tried the Whipped Cream, you know it's pretty amazing in any scent, but Captain's Berried Booty smells like Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries cereal so it's INCREDIBLE. Easily my favorite scent in this collection. 


A new product! Lip scrub! This one is in the scent 'Blow Me.' Bubblegum! :) I was a little alarmed because when it arrived it was a hard block, but it's pretty easy to break up into a more usable consistency and it works like a charm on chapped, dry lips!


Another new product! I LOVE face scrubs, so I was psyched to see this Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub in here! The scent is 'Lemon Drop It Like It's Hot' (too cute!) and it's fragranced with lemon (duh) and orange zest. A very nice, fresh scent for skincare!


What's this?! A wax tart. Do any of you guys have a wax warmer? I bought myself a cheap one a few months ago & I love it! It's basically like having candles without the burning scent. Anyway, this wax tart is in the scent (I keep wanting to type 'flavor') 'Sweet Dreamsicle!' The scent is a little hard for me to pinpoint, but the information card says 'Ripe pineapple livened with a splash of bright orange citrus and luscious vanilla cream.' 


The OCD Hand Sanitizer seems to be a staple product in all of the Soap Boxes! I enjoyed the last one I received but this one might be my least favorite product in the collection. The scent is 'Lollipop Your Cherry.' The card states it should smell like 'cherries, cherries and more cherries swirled with vanilla, and a hint of orange and pineapple.' To me, it smells like cough syrup. 


The next product is 'Sparkle Me!' which is like the 'Mist Me!' but with a very fine glitter! I know a lot of people were complaining that this product is childish, but I actually really like it! The glitter is hardly noticeable at all if you rub it into your skin after you spray..just a nice shimmer! The scent of this one is 'The Sweet Spot': 'Fresh picked melon, strawberries, and peaches twisted with sour mandarin oranges and pineapple, all sprinkled with a touch of sugar.' 



Last but not least, we have a solid sugar scrub in 'Rock Your Socks,' which is straight up GRAPE. It's a little difficult to work with, but if you break off a piece and crush it in your hands, it's great!



The Summer Soap Box is sold out, but you can purchase full sized items here or sign up for the Fall Box, which starts shipping August 11th. 

If you received the Summer Box, what was your favorite product or scent from this collection? :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment